Thursday, August 14, 2008

Christian's Demand

You know how everyday your kids say things that you make a mental note to write down? Well, today Christian said the funniest thing and I thought, 'Oh my gosh, where does he get it from.'
So we were in the kitchen finishing up another clean up. At my house if we stay in all day we have to do at least 3 clean ups. You know put toys back where they go and stuff like that. Anyhow, I was talking to Christian in the kitchen and he was telling me that for his birthday how he wants a memory card for the playstation. And I said, "I thought you wanted a Wii?" And he was like, "I do!" Then I was like, "Well, it sure seems like you want a lot for your birthday. You are getting really expensive."
Then he says, "Mom, it is my big birthday. I am turning 8." Which is a big deal at our house because they get baptized. Which the big thing is suppose to be that they get there own nice new set of scriptures.
So anyhow, he then goes on and says, "Well, the biggest birthday will be my 16th birthday and if you guys ruin that day I will not go to college and I will live at home forever, and you will have to pay for me to live the rest of my life!"
So then I asked, "How would we ruin your 16th birthday?"
His response was..... "By being boring."
Oh my gosh!!! Where do kids get it from.

2 comments:

wenselgang said...

Kelly - you are amazing! A mother of five kids definitely deserves a trip to Disneyland. Good to talk to you!

* said...

It's true that kids say the darndest thing. That will be something to share with his future wife.

Andy and Kelly Together Forever