Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for all of our boys. If you don't know we have been home schooling them for the past 4+ years, but this year we decided to give mom a break and send them to school. Logan, Christian, and Gavyn are all in school this year. We had spent the last few months talking it up, so they were all really excited. This is all three of them and Andy heading to the school.
Here is Logan going into his class. Wow 4th grade, where has the time gone?
Christian is in 3rd this year. He was a little nervous, but he is very social like his mom, so her will be just fine.
Here is Gavyn waiting outside in his line. He was really nervous. They have all day kindergarten, so this morning he asked if he could change and not go all day. He said that he didn't want to leave me all day. It was so sad. But I told him that all the kindergartners are there all day, and he would make a lot of friends.
Here is the sad march into the classroom. Andy walked with him since all of the supplies we are supposed to buy are way to heavy for him to carry.
It was a sad day, but the house is so quiet and clean. With only two around I can get so much more done!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Hi Kelly! Your boys look so cute heading off to school. A group of stripling warriors! I can't believe how old Logan looks. My goodness... how time flies. We don't make it out your way often... but we would love to come and see you... if you don't mind us dropping in on you. Let me know.
Bonnie

wenselgang said...

Hello Kelly! Thank you for that nice self-esteem booster comment that you left on my blog. Isn't this such a fun time of year?? Back to school definitely means a cleaner house. Your boys look so excited and happy that first day. By the way, Logan has very beautiful eyes. Have a great day - Emily

Autumn said...

After dropping my first off to K this year I was thinking about homeschooling. It was so hard to not know what he was doing all day too. He had the best day thank ,I do not think I have the patience for homeschooling.

Andy and Kelly Together Forever