Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Fun










Well, the summer heat has began, finally!!! We are sure glad to be back here in California. The boys are all enjoying swimming in the pool as much as they possible can. I swear I am starting to feel like I live there. Needless to say we all have great tans. So far everyone has learned to swim except Emmalee.

Logan and Christian tried out for the local swim team. They did really well, they just have to perfect a couple of strokes until they can be officially on the team. I think I was more nervous for them then they were. They have a great swim coach named Jessica who is also an associate of Andy's. She has been teaching them all the proper techniques. I am amazed at how good they are, and the amazing amount of energy that they have.

Logan is so funny he is all about the muscles. I told him the the more he swims the stronger his muscles will become. Right after that I noticed he would swim a lap then stop, and feel his biceps. After he got done he informed me that I was right, his muscles were getting bigger and harder. It was so funny! Then Christian got in on the action. Next thing I noticed they were comparing who had bigger muscles. Boys, they sure are funny sometimes.
Gavyn and Jaidyn are taking swim lessons also. They are so cute! Gavyn is in the process of learning freestyle. He is definitely our jokester. You know the guy that tells a joke, and then tries to keep it up even though it is no longer funny? Well, that is Gavyn. Jessica will try to teach him something new, and he does something funny, then she spends the next couple of minutes trying to get him to stop repeating the same thing. And of course that gets Jaidyn going. Poor Jessica, she doesn't have any kids yet. After teaching Gavyn I doubt that she ever will.

Jaidyn has definitely perfected the float. Andy, Jessica, and I have decided that he is the lazy swimmer. He just mainly floats, he adds a couple of kicks and a few paddles in every once in a while. It takes him forever to get across the pool, but eventually he does get there. He definitely is one of those stop and smell the roses kind of person.

Both Andy and I have decided to go back to school. Yes, you read that right. For him it is if anything an opportunity to advance at work. For me it is a productive way for me to get out of the house, and finish something that I started a long time ago. Wish me luck! It was hard enough to study with no kids, but now with 5 it might be a little bit stressful.

Well, this is our first blog, so hopefully I can get this right.

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Yeah! Now we can keep in touch better. I can't believe you have five. They are cute kids. Where do you guys live now?

ELMtreephotography said...

Oh wow! What a cute family you have! It was great to hear from you. I'll be checking back often! Emily (Southwick) Wensel

yaya said...

Hi Allen Family! Everyone has gotten so big since I last seen you all. I'm glad that you are all doing good and enjoying the California weather. As for myself trying not to pass out with the Az heat. Take care and hope to see you soon.

Best Wishes,
Yadira

Andy and Kelly Together Forever