Friday, July 18, 2008

To Grandma's House We Go!

This week we had so much fun. Since Andy had to go to Texas for work we decided to take a trip to visit my grandma. It was a fun long drive. She lives in Kingman, AZ. Which is like a 5 hour drive. It was totally worth the drive though. She was of course happy to have us, and ready to feed us all.
As you all know girls are really rare in our family. So, when we named Emmalee, we wanted her name to be really special and mean something. So we decided that we would pick from others names to give it some meaning. My grandma's name is Vergalee, and that is where we got the 'lee' in Emmalee.
While we were there my Uncle Eric came over to see us too. I love my Uncle Eric. If you don't already know he is my favorite uncle, always has been, but don't tell any of my other favorite uncle's that. Anyhow, we got to hang out with him, and he got to see the kids too. Of course as you can see in the picture Emmalee is smitten, just like I was when I was a little girl.
Since my grandma has so many fruit trees the boys all got to do a little work, and help her out by picking some of the fruit from her trees. Of course they are always happy to help when ever they can. I like to think they get that from their daddy and grandpa Thorpe.
This is Logan and Jaidyn working in grandma's backyard. They all had so much fun. We can't wait till we get to go back. Next time though we are going to bring daddy with us, and stay a little longer.





1 comment:

Hillary said...

Your family is too stinking cute. That little Emmalee is too much. I just want to chew on her cheeks.

Andy and Kelly Together Forever